It is approximately 16 degrees below zero in nowhere Minnesota! Far too cold to go outside and smoke. Instead of smoking tonight, I worked out on the new eliptical machine. 5 minute warmup with no resistance, 10 minutes of level three resistance, then...finally while gasping and feeling as if my legs would turn to rubber and allow me to tumble to the ground, I finished with 3 minutes of a warm down! My legs are burning from the time spent on level 3...I plan on keeping this pace each day.
With the Chantix, I am creating goals to revamp my life.
Goal #1. Quit Smoking
Goal #2. Work out 5-6 days per week, DURATION: as long as I can tolerate.
Goal #3. Get my asthma under control
Goal #4. Swim in the Lake Swim competition this summer
Goal #5. NO SODA! Drink Splenda sweetened decaf tea instead
Goal #6. Eat breakfast everyday
Goal #7. Go easy on myself when I don't succeed
Goal #8. Spend less time on the couch
Goal #9. Cook at home every night
Goal #10. 2B determined later!
Now that it is writing, I will feel more compelled to work on them. My greatest fear is failing. I will not fail, I am capable.
***NEW TOPIC*** I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my puppies. The other night I could feel one or two pups moving, now I can feel most of them, unsure of what the final count will be. I can't resist resting my hand on her belly to catch one of them moving.
My son is going to his very first formal dance this Saturday. This is a traumatic event in the life of a mother with only one child. An imaginary voice is screaming inside my head..."THE END IS NEAR, THE END IS NEAR!!!" I know a mother's work is never done, this sign tells me I only have a little while until my little boy (SORRY TAYLOR) will be leaving my care and becoming a reasonably independent man in just a few short years. Oh, the sadness of it all.
Sorry, no pictures today.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Taylor cannot possibly be going to a formal because Taylor is ONLY FOUR. I don't know who that is in the pictures you keep putting up.
Haha. I like Tasina's comment. Anyways ... my oldest is only 7, and I already fear time is short. I can't imagine how I'll feel when she's a teenager!
Good for you, making and posting all those goals. You must be like me -- if I put my goals out in writing for the world to see, then I refuse to "fail". But I also like the goal about going easier on yourself. It kind of balances out the fear of failure.
Yes, please do add my link to your page. I will add you (if you don't mind) when I updated that section of blog -- my time is very limited, so I usually do that about once a week.
Post a Comment