Monday, January 28, 2008

Chantix: Day 3 and other ordinary things

So, here we are on day 3 with Chantix. Tomorrow I have to remember to take it twice. I have the most difficult time remembering to take my meds, but not remembering to smoke. I wonder if it is possible to take a pill that will remind your body the same time each day that it's med time???

Still I have no side effects to report. After dose 2, I wondered if the dreams would start, no dream freaky land found yet. I have noticed today that I have NO appetite. Very unusual for me because I do love my food.

Stress is my middle name, so...as my day wore on, I noticed I was smoking a lot. I had to buy a pack at 11:00a because I ran out last night. (I am a little shocked that the nicotine gremlin didn't scream at me long before then. As of now I have only smoked 10 cigarettes. By the end of the night, probably 13.

And now on a totally different subject...

WHY DO KIDS LIE???

I wish there was a magic truth pill we could give them until they turn 18 and then they can lie to us about who they chose in the voting booth, who they are "making out with", where they have been all night, and why their car looks like it took a bath in a pigpen!!! I think a lot of parents struggle with why their kids tell fibs or straight out lies. I understand the psychology of a lie...usually done for self-preservation. BUT...When you have explained to the teenager in your life, oh I don't know...A MILLION TIMES...that to tell the truth is far more important and will result in far less of a consequences, WHY CAN'T THEY GET IT????????????????????????

I love my teenager, but really hope that some day he will realize "to err is human, honesty is divine." (no posts about how this has been misquoted. I will stand by the misquote until my child is of legal age!!!)
This is my husband...doesn't he look sleepy? I woke him using the flash of my camera. I told you I loved it! (as you can see...he, however, doesn't have as much of an affinity for it!)

Have a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Tasina said...

My freaky dreams didn't start until I was on the pills for a while. I'd have to go look back at my posts to see exactly when. At least 2 or 3 weeks though.

Take some of that really sticky strapping tape. Put it on the 'stache and then YANK it off really fast. Bet he'd think twice about lying after that!

Horrible critters sometimes, huh?

Author said...

Hello! Congrats on your decision to quit!

My side effects started with the first pill -- I got nauseated badly, and quickly. My advice for you is to eat before taking the pill (if you start to get sick).

I, too lost my apetite for awhile. I simply wasn't hungry most of the time, but then when I was hungry I was ravenous -- hungry didn't even describe it. All of this was in the week before I actually quit smoking.

If you come across a solution to the lying thing, let me know. I have a seven year old who tells some whoppers all ready.