After my best friend started her blog over a year ago, I finally decided to begin mine.
Phobia that I suffered from was driving over bridges, ESPECIALLY driving on one that crossed some sort of water. After I met my husband I had to face my fear of bridges. His mother lives in the Twin Cities and in order to arrive at her house, we had to cross over the Mississippi. Over the course of 2 years I progressed from keeping my eyes closed while crossing to being able to drive myself! This was a phenomenal feat in my opinion. (For some reason I still get nervous when I have to drive under a train bridge!)
After the 35w tragedy, I asked my husband (who was somewhat relentless in his jokes about my phobia) if my fear was grounded. He laughed for a moment and said, "Possibly." I really don't think that a setback in my progress is eminent, however, I do think I will pause when I do cross my next 100 bridges!
Living in Minnesota my entire life, I still felt removed from the collapse of 35w. My family and friends were not involved in this life changing event. It did hit close to home when I received a company wide email stating one of our A.P. staff, who offices out of the Twin Cities, was in her car with her family on the bridge when it buckled. Her family is alright, she needed to undergo surgery and I haven't heard the latest news on her recovery. My thoughts go out to her and her family.
I am very thankful that this tragedy will result in the careful examination of many of our nation's bridges.
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a small phobia about sitting under things - lights, ceiling fans, etc. I especially hate to be like stopped at a light under an overpass. Anyway, about 14 years ago I was at Burger King with Dylan. Two tables down from us the light fixture came crashing down from the ceiling for no apparent reason. I about died. That didn't help my phobia at all.
I don't believe I have heard this story before.
Thanks for being my first comment.
I have never blogged before, so let me know of any tricks you have learned along the way.
Post a Comment