Friday, September 28, 2007

Interesting thoughts & Hospital stay

I have decided that I have none of the above. In order to have an interesting blog, you need to have an interesting mind. I have decided I am a very uninteresting individual and why would you bother reading my drivel.

This past week has been an interesting one. Sunday afternoon my family and I went to lunch with my grandmother-in-law. By Sunday evening, I was feeling a little ill. Monday morning I called in sick. Monday evening, I was so ill I used my nebulizer 4 times. I have asthma, and have since I was 12 years old. ***I have officially quit smoking by the way.*** While lying in bed I told my husband I was truly "afraid" to go to sleep. I was up every hour or two and using my neb even more. On Tuesday morning I went to Urgent Care. My doc at Urgent Care scared the @#$% out of me when he reminded me that Asthma is a life threatening disease. My O2 levels were considerably low and they sent me off to the Hospital.

While at the hospital...
Chest x-rays were take...negative.
Lab test were completed...negative.
18 neb treatments completed...helped me breathe.
I spent 2 days in that wonderful place and have several healing holes in my body to prove it.

There were a couple of nurses that I really appreciated. Sue was so helpful, thoughtful and willing assist with anything. She really reminded me why some people belong in the caring field.

I am still suffering. 4 nebs a day, plenty of pills (including prednisone), my lungs ache with each breath. I will survive, I will never smoke again. I will find a new "addiction" to replace that one.

I will blog about nothing. I will bore you to tears! Please continue to read my blog about nothing! It's really more of a diary at this point.

No comments: